Recipes for Seafood
Looking for authentic Seafood Recipes? EvernewRecipes has +10,000 trusted Seafood Recipes, all created, tested, reviewed and approved by home cooks. Find recipes for healthy, quick and easy Seafood recipes.Sponsored Links:
Fish Rolls Ingredients:
500 g salmon or 500 g tuna or 500 g mackerel (boiled, bones removed and cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 3 boiled potatoes, cut into small pieces
- 2 onions, peeled,washed and chopped
- 200 g leeks, washed and chopped
- 6 fresh curry leaves, washed and torn
- 3 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 eggs
- 100 g breadcrumbs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- oil, to fry
- water, as required
How to make Fish Rolls
- Heat 2 tbsps.
- of oil in a pan.
- Add onions, curry leaves, green chillies and leeks to it.
- Mix well and cook for 5 minutes until the onions are golden brown.
- Add salt, pepper and turmeric powders.
- Mix well.
- Add fish, mix well and remove from heat.
- Add potatoes and mix well.
- To make a pastry, mix the flour, a pinch of turmeric powder, salt to taste, one egg and water till you get a thick batter.
- In a flat frying pan, prepare pancakes with this batter.
- Put the fish mixture in the middle of these pancakes and roll them out neatly.
- Beat the other egg and dip the rolls completely in it.
- Then roll these in breadcrumbs and fry until golden brown.
- Drain on clean paper kitchen napkins and serve hot.
Egg Balls is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 1 hr
Fish with Moong Dal Ingredients :
1 cup moong dal
- 2 fish heads
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 tomato, chopped finely
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2 green chillies, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cummin seeds powder
- 1 tsp coriander seeds powder
- 3 dry red chillies
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cardamoms
- 1/4″ cinnamon
- 4 cloves
- 3 black pepper
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- A pinch of hing
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for frying
How to make Fish with Moong Dal
- Wash the dal and soak for half an hour.
- Pressure cook the dal with ½ tsp turmeric powder.
- Clean the fish heads and make into big pieces.
- Marinate the heads with ½ turmeric powder, salt and lemon juice. Keep aside for 45 mins.
- Heat oil for frying. Deep fry the fish heads till golden brown.
- Drain and keep aside. Remove the oil from pan keeping only approx 3 tbsp of it.
- Add hing, bay leaves, cloves, cardamoms, red chillies, and black pepper.
- Add onion and fry till transparent. Add ginger, garlic and green chillies.
- Simmer for 2 minutes. Add chopped tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add cummin powder, coriander powder. Add fish heads and simmer till they crumble.
- Add dal and 1 cup water. Let it boil till the required consistency of curry.
- Sprinkle garam masala. Serve hot with rice.
- Fish with Moong Dal is ready to serve.
Creamy Tiger Prawns Ingredients :
2 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 lb raw tiger prawns, peeled
- 1 quantity Balti sauce
- 2 oz creamed coconut
- 2 oz ground almonds
- 1 lb courgettes sliced
- ¼ pt double cream
- 4 tablespoon of chopped fresh coriander
- 2 oz toasted almond flakes to garnish
How to make Creamy Tiger Prawns :
- Heat the oil over high heat in a large Balti pan or wok.
- Fry the onion for 2 minutes over high heat. Stir in the prawns and cook for 3 minutes until they start to change color.
- Add the Balti Sauce, coconut and almonds then bring to a boil, stirring at the same time.
- Add the courgettes and cook gently for about 10 minutes until the prawns are cooked.
- Stir in the cream and simmer for 1-2 minutes, then add the coriander.
- Season and garnish with flaked almonds.
- Creamy Tiger Prawns is ready to serve.
Dum Machli Ingredients:
8pcs pomfret steaks
- 5gm salt
- 2gm turmeric
- 3 tbsp ghee
- A pinch of hing
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp ginger finely chopped
- 2 tbsp onion paste
- 4 tbsp curd beaten
- 1 tbsp poppy seed roasted & ground
- 1 cup water
- ½ tsp saunf powder
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 tsp chopped green chillies
How to make Dum Machli
- Pat dry the fish steaks and rub salt & turmeric powder.
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee and shallow fry the fish till lightly coloured.
- Heat one tbsp ghee and add cumin, chopped ginger and hing.
- When they crackle add onion paste, poppy seed paste & beaten curd
- Cook for 2-3 mins on low heat.
- Add chopped green chilles, turmeric(a pinch) chopped coriander, saunf powder, garam masala and fish steaks. Cook with lid on. Bake in oven with foil.
- Dum Machli is ready to serve.
Shahi Fish Ingredients:
2 Fishes (head and tail removed)
- 2 Onions(chopped)
- 5 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Fresh Cream
- 1 /2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 6 Garlic Flakes
- 1 /4 tsp Asfoetida
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Paste of:
- 1 Ginger
- 7 Cashewnuts
- 1 /2 Dry Coconut
- 1/2 tbsp Poppy Seeds
- Powder of:
- 2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 /2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Seed Powder
How to make Shahi Fish:
- Cut fishes into pieces.
- Wash the fish pieces and then pat them dry.
- Heat oil in a pan for frying.
- Add the fish pieces to the heated oil and fry till golden brown.
- Take the fried fish pieces out of the pan.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in the same pan and fry chopped onions till they turn golden brown.
- Remove the onions and keep separate.
- In the remaining oil add asfoetida and cumin seeds.
- Make a paste prepared by grinding all the ingredients of the paste in a mixie.
- When seeds start fuming, add the paste and allow it to seethe for about 2 to 3 minutes. Add 2 tbsp water if necessary.
- Also add the powder mixture and salt.
- Fry the mixture on low flame till oil starts appearing on top.
- Seethe it for another 3-4 minutes and then put the boiled pieces.
- Add cream and mix it properly. Cook again for about 2-3 minutes.
- Shahi fish is ready to serve.
Hot and Crispy Fish Ingredients
2 cups dry potato flakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 4 (6 ounce) fillets cod
- 2 cups butter flavored shortening, for frying
How to make Hot and Crispy Fish
- In medium bowl, combine the potato flakes, flour, garlic powder, seasoning salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Soak fish filets in bowl of cold water.
- In a deep skillet or deep fryer, melt and heat the shortening to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Dredge fish filets in dry mixture and fry in the hot oil for 5 minutes or until fish flakes apart easily. Remove from oil and place on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Hot and Crispy Fish is ready to serve.
Prep Time:5 Min
Cook Time:10 Min
Ready In:30 Min
Servings : 4
Spicy Baked Fish Ingredients
1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon creole mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Ritz crackers, crumbled
- 8 fish fillets
How to make Spicy Baked Fish
- In large bowl mix all ingredients, except fish and Ritz crackers
- Place fish fillets in baking dish or pan
- Spread mixture over the 8 fish fillets
- Sprinkle with crumbled Ritz crackers
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes, uncovered
- Check fish for doneness, it will flake easily with a fork, when done
- Spicy Baked Fish is ready to serve.
20 minutes to make
Greek Style Fish Fillets Ingredients
1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) recipe-ready diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 MAGGI Vegetarian Vegetable Flavor Bouillon Cube
- 1 pound firm white fish fillets
- 1 3/4 cups frozen green beans
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 cups hot cooked couscous
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled feta cheese
How to make Greek Style Fish Fillets
- HEAT oil in large, nonstick skillet. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender. Stir in tomatoes and juice and bouillon; cook, stirring occasionally, until bouillon is dissolved.
- PLACE fish over sauce; spoon some sauce over fish. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- DISTRIBUTE beans and olives over fish; cover. Cook for 5 minutes or until beans are tender. Serve with couscous. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Greek Style Fish Fillets is ready to serve.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Barbecue Fish Ingredients:
4-6 fillets fresh fish, such as snapper, cod, salmon, etc…
- garnish: handful of fresh coriander and wedges of fresh lime
- 4 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 4 Tbsp. oyster sauce (I used Golden Dragon brand)
- 1 Tbsp. fish sauce (available by the bottle at all Asian/Chinese food stores)
- 2 Tbsp. loosely packed brown sugar
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper OR dried crushed chili
How to make Barbecue Fish:
- Stir all marinade/sauce ingredients together until sugar dissolves.
- Place fish fillets in a flat-bottomed bowl and pour half the sauce over. Turn the fillets in the sauce. (Reserve the rest of the sauce for later.)
- Allow fish is marinate for at least 10 minutes while you warm up the grill, or up to 24 hours in advance (just cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to cook).
- Lightly brush the grill with a little cooking oil, then grill the fish for 5-10 minutes per side, or until the fish flakes easily and the inner flesh is no longer translucent.
- Heat up remaining sauce and use as a dip, glaze, or to spoon over the fish (and rice or potatoes) as you eat it. Note that this sauce is very strong-tasting, so you only need a little bit at a time. If you find it too strong, you can dilute it slightly with a splash of white wine or sherry and some fresh lime juice. If you find it too sour, add a little more sugar. ENJOY!
- For Indoor Cooking: Place marinated fish in a covered baking dish along with the marinade. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until fish flakes easily and the inner flesh is no longer translucent.
- Fillet Grilling Tip: If your fillets are very thin, you may want to use a “fish cage” which makes turning easier. Another method is to spread tin foil or banana leaves over the barbecue – again, oil the surface where the fish will be cooking to make turning easier.
- Barbecue Fish is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Coconut Fish Fry Ingredients:
750gm sole/ bekhti fillets
- 3 tsp red chillies
- 2 tbsp coconut desiccated
- 2 tsp ginger, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 ½ tbsp white vinegar
- 3 tbsp maida (flour)
- salt to taste
- oil for frying
- lemon wedges for garnishing
How to make Coconut Fish Fry
- Wash the fish fillets and pat dry. Sprinkle maida over fillets and keep aside. Grind together red chillies, coconut, ginger, garlic, vinegar and just enough water to make fine paste.
- Add salt and evenly coat fillets with this paste.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry fish till crisp.
- Serve immediately, accompanied by lemon wedges.
- Coconut Fish Fry is ready to serve.