Recipes for Sauce & Spices
Looking for authentic Sauces and Spices Recipes? EvernewRecipes has +7,700 trusted Sauces and Spices Recipes, all created, tested, reviewed and approved by home cooks. Find recipes for healthy, quick and easy Sauces and Spices recipes.Sponsored Links:
Hot Chilli Tomato Chutney Ingredients:
- 2 – medium size firm tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp – cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup – soft jaggery/1/2cup powedered sugar
- 1 tsp – chilli powder
- 1 or 2 – bayleaves
- 1 – small cinnamon stick
- 3 to 4 – cashewnut, crushed
- 1 tbsp – oil
- 1/2 cup – water
- 1 tsp – salt
How to make Hot Chilli Tomato Chutney:
- Chop the tomatoes and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, bay leaves and cinnamon stick and let it splutter.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes, salt, chilli powder and saute it for some time.
- Add water and jaggery/sugar and cook till the tomatoes become soft and the chutney becomes thick in consistency.
- Take it from fire and add the crushed cashew and serve.
Mango Caramel Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
How to make Mango Caramel Sauce:
- Place the mango in a food processor and process until smooth. Pass the mixture through a strainer into a bowl.
- Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan over high heat and cook until dark amber brown. Slowly add the heavy cream and mango puree and whisk until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and let cool slightly.
- Cook’s Note: this sauce is great on ice cream, pound cake and angel food cake.
Ginger Yogurt Ingredients:
- 1 pink grapefruit, peeled
- 2 large tangerines or Minneolas, peeled
- 3 navel oranges
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 16- or 17.6-ounce container Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup minced crystallized ginger
- 1/4 cup golden brown sugar
- Additional dried cranberries
- print a shopping list for this recipe
How to make Ginger Yogurt:
Break grapefruit and tangerines into sections. Cut grapefruit sections into thirds; cut tangerine sections in half. Transfer grapefruit, tangerines, and all juices to deep serving bowl. Using small sharp knife, cut all peel and white pith from oranges. Slice oranges into 1/4-inch-thick rounds, then cut slices into quarters. Add oranges and all juices to same bowl. Mix in 1/2 cup dried cranberries, honey, and cinnamon. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Mix yogurt and ginger in bowl. (Fruit and yogurt can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover separately; chill.)
Aaloobukhara Chutney Ingredients
- 1 cup Sugar
- 250 grm. prunes (Aaloobukharay)
- 1 drop red food color (optional)
How to make Aaloobukhara Chutney
- Wash the Aaloobukharay thoroughly and soak them in some water for about 2 hours.
- In a saucepan add about 1/2 a cup of water, the sugar and the Aaloobukharay and cook it on low heat.
- Add the food color if you want the sauce to take on a reddish tinge.
- When the sauce is thick and the pits have been separated from the Aaloobukharay, remove from heat and put aside to cool.
- Serve as a condiment.
Kiwi Fruit Chutney Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp Fresh Ginger (chopped)
- 1/3 cup Onion (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Curry Powder
- 1/4 tsp Dried Red Pepper flakes
- 5 Kiwifruit (peeled, diced, divided)
- 1 Banana (peeled, diced)
- 2 tbsp Orange Juice
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp Malt Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Fresh Cilantro Leaves (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Fresh Mint Leaves (chopped)
How to make Kiwifruit Chutney
- Combine all ingredients and put the mixture in a saucepan.
- Boil it gently for an hour until thick and soft.
- Stir it occasionally.
- Cool it and transfer into sterilized jars.
- Kiwi fruit Chutney is ready.
Beetroot Coconut Chutney Ingredients
- Beetroot – 1 large
- Curry Leaves – 2 sprigs
- Coconut – 4 tblsp, grated
- Tamarind – 1 small ball
- Jaggery – 1 small piece (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2 tblsp
- Asafoetida – 1 small piece
- Urad Dal – 1 tsp
- Red Chillies – 3 to 4
How to make Beetroot Coconut Chutney
- Peel and grate beet root.
- Heat oil, fry asafoetida, dal and red chillies.
- When dal becomes golden brown, remove from kadai.
- To the same oil, add curry leaves, grated coconut and beetroot, stir fry for some time and remove from kadai.
- Boil tamarind in a little water, take out thick pulp.
- Add this to the fried ingredients along with salt and jaggery, if using.
- Grind all together to a rough paste.
- Serve with dosa.
Green Beans in Black Bean Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 6 tablespoons black bean sauce
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons canola or peanut oil
- 24 ounces (720g) lean beef, cut into thin strips along the grain
- 24 green beans, ends trimmed, cut in half on the diagonal
- 2 red bell peppers, julienned
- 2 onions, each cut into 8 wedges and separated into pieces
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 cups beef stock
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed to a paste with 3 tablespoons water
How to make Green Beans in Black Bean Sauce:
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil in a saucepan. Stir in the rice and keep stirring until the water returns to a boil. Cover the pot with a tight-fitting lid, reduce the heat to very low, and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- While the rice cooks, mix together the black bean sauce, soy sauce, Chinese rice wine, sugar, and black pepper in a bowl.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat, add 2 tablespoons of the oil, and stir-fry the beef for 5 minutes. Remove the beef from the wok and set aside on a plate.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok and stir-fry the green beans, bell peppers, and onions for 7 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry for another minute, then return the beef to the wok. Add the sauce mixture and stock, then add the cornstarch paste and cook, stirring continuously, until thickened. Serve on a bed of the rice.
Masala Dosa Chutney Ingredients:
- 2 cups parboiled rice
- 1 cup unc ooked rice
- 1 cup split urad dal (split black gram)
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- oil (for frying)
- ghee or clarified butter
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon gram dal
- 1 teaspoon black gram dal
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 4 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs curry leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 1/8 lbs potatoes, boiled,peeled,chopped
- coriander leaves, finely chopped (use about one handful)
- 1 lemon, juice of (optional)
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 pinch asafetida powder
- 3 dried red chilies
- 1 1/2 tablespoons split urad dal (split black gram)
- 1/2 coconut, grated
- tamarind pulp (use a lemon-sized ball)
How to make Masala Dosa Chutney:
- For the dosa: Soak the parboiled and uncooked rice together in water.
- Separately, soak the dal and fenugreek seeds together in water.
- After 3–4 hours, drain and reserve the water and grind both separately in a blender to a fine paste, adding some the reserved water as needed (if the grinder/blender seizes up) until the mixture is of batter consistency.
- Add the salt, some water if necessary, and mix both together thoroughly; keep overnight to ferment.
- The next day, check the batter; if too thick, add some water and mix so that it is of a pouring consistency.
- Heat a skillet and grease with some oil.
- Pour a ladleful of batter and spread as quickly as possible into a thin circle.
- Pour a little oil (about 1/2 teaspoon) all around the crepe and on the centre as well.
- Cook until the dosa is done, then turn over and cook the other side until crisp.
- Set the dosas aside.
- Note: If parboiled rice is not available, soak 2 1/4 cups of uncooked rice.
- For the Potato curry: Heat the 3 tablespoons of oil.
- Season with the mustard and gram dals.
- When done, add the chopped onions, green chilies, ginger, curry leaves, chili powder, and turmeric powder.
- When the onions are browned, add the potatoes and salt, and mix thoroughly.
- Add the coriander leaves and lemon juice, if desired, and mix well.
- For the chutney: Heat the oil, add the asafoetida, red chilies, and then the dal.
- Fry until the dal turns brownish.
- Remove from flame.
- Grind this mixture with the grated coconut, salt and tamarind to a slightly rough paste.
- Add a little water to make the chutney of a spreadable consistency.
- To make the masala dosas (the final product!): When required, reverse the prepared dosa and place on a skillet.
- Spread approximately 1 tablespoon of chutney evenly all over the dosa.
- Carefully place 2 tablespoons of Potato curry in the centre, fold the the left a third over the centre, and then the right side over the left.
- Sprinkle a little ghee or butter.
- Roast for a minute or two.
- Remove from flame and serve immediately.
- Alternatively, stuff the dosa with the Potato curry only, and serve the chutney as a dip.
Green Chutney Ingredients
- Green coriander (Dhania) (3 bunches)Mint Leaves (Pudina) (1 Bunch)Green Chillies (6)(or less if u want it less spicy)
- Garlic 78 cloves yogurt
- salt to taste
- red kutee mirch optional
How to make Pakistani Green Chutney
- Wash the green coriander and mint leaves and along with green chillies. Now put all these with garlic cloves in a blender to blend together but do t coarsely(mota mota) then add salt and kutee mirch according to your taste and add yogurt to it.
Bhel Puri Chutney Ingredients:
- 1 packet bhel puri mix
- Cucumber – 2, chopped finely
- Red onion – 1, finely chopped
- Tomate – 1 large, finely chopped
- Raw Mango – 1/2, finely chopped and a few long slices for garnishing
- Cilantro – 1 bunch, finely chopped
- Tamarind chutney – 1 cup
- Mint/Cilantro Chutney – 1 cup
- Red chilli powder
- Sev for garnish
How to make Bhel Puri Chutney:
- The bhel can be mixed in batches of 2- cups each. In one large bowls, take 2 cups of bhel mix.
- Add in as much of the cilantro, onions, tomatoes, cucumber and mango as desired (according to taste, I usually take less of onions and more of everything else).
- Add in salt, red chilli powder (I add lots of this to make it spicy), tamarind chutney (1-2 tsps), mint/cilantro chutney (1-2 tbsps) and mix everything thoroughly.
- Serve in smaller bowls and garnish with cilantro, mango slices, sev and green chillies:).