Recipes for Bread
Looking for authentic Bread Recipes? EvernewRecipes has +1,000 trusted Bread Recipes, all created, tested, reviewed and approved by home cooks. Find recipes for healthy, quick and easy Bread recipes.Sponsored Links:
Cheese Toast Ingredients
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 6 slices bread, crust removed
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
How to make Cheese Toast
- Combine mayonnaise and mustard; spread on one side of each slice of bread. Cut each slice into four triangles; place with plain side down on a lightly greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned.
Cheese Toast is ready to serve.
Prep Time:10 Min
Cook Time:5 Min
Ready In:15 Min
Serves : 4
Olive bread Ingredients
2 1/4 cups bread and pizza plain flour
- 2 teaspoons instant dried yeast
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 2 teaspoons milk
How to make Olive bread
- Sift 2 cups flour into a large bowl. Stir in yeast, sugar and salt. Create a well in the middle. Add water. Mix well to form a soft dough. Prove onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for Ten minutes, gradually adding remaining flour, or until smooth and elastic.
- Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl.
- Cover with lightly greased plastic wrap.
- Reserve in a very warm spot for 60 minutes or until doubled in dimensions.
- Preheat oven to 190°C/170°C fan-forced.
- Grease a huge baking tray.
- Place olives on the plate.
- Pat dry with paper towel to absorb any liquid.
- Utilizing your fist, punch dough down.
- Turn out onto a floured surface.
- Add onions and olives. Knead until combined.
- Shape dough in a 20cm round.
- Put on prepared tray.
- Brush with milk.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and hollow when tapped on top.
- Ascend to tray for five minutes.
- Transfer with a wire rack too cool.
- Olive bread is ready to serve.
Make the most of summer entertaining with pasta salad recipes.
Angels on Horseback Ingredients
16-32 small oysters (or scallops), or larger ones cut in half, shucked
- 8-16 slices of thin-cut bacon
- 16-32 wooden toothpicks
- 3-4 limes or lemons
How to make Angels on Horseback
- Working in batches if necessary, cook the bacon slices on medium low heat in a large frying pan, until only about halfway cooked, but not crispy. You need to pre-cook the bacon a bit or else when you cook them with the oysters the oysters will be overcooked by the time the bacon is crispy. Set the bacon aside to cool.
- Get a grill or broiler good and hot while you wrap the oysters.
- To make an angel on horseback, you wrap 1/2 a piece of bacon around the small oyster and secure it with the toothpick. Overlap the edges of the bacon by about an inch if you can.
- Grill or broil over high heat to cook the oyster and crisp the bacon, about 5-6 minutes on the first side, another 2-4 once you turn them over. You will need to turn them once or twice to get a good crispiness on all sides.
- As soon as they come off the heat, squirt with the lemon or lime juice and serve hot.
- Angels on Horseback is ready to serve.
Plain Roti Ingredients
How to make Plain Roti
- Knead slightly stiff dough cover and keep for 2 hours. Take naan sized dough and make a ball. Roll to a thickish roti (4-5 mm thick).
- Heat griddle (tawa) place on tawa and dry one side. Wet upper side with water and invert.
- Invert griddle and roast over gas flame. It will fall off when done. Serve hot with desired vegetables.
- Plain Roti is ready to serve.
How to make Pulka
- Knead soft dough with above ingredients.
- Leave it for atleast 30 minutes.
- Break off to a table tennis – ball sized (even smaller) bit of dough.
- Roll with help of dry flour to a thin round.
- Roll as thin as possible.
- Heat tawa and place phulka on it.
- When dry on one side, turn it.
- When brown spots appear on second side, turn again.
- Use a kitchen towel and lightly press the phulka, rotating at same
time, it will puff.
- Make as crisp as desired.
- Pulka is ready to serve.
Sweet Roti Ingredients
How to make Sweet Roti
- Take wheat flour in a bowl.
- Add salt to it.
- Knead the wheat flour with water .
- Keep it aside.
- Make around 10 balls from keaded flour above.
- Take a single ball , roll it to a small circular shape .
- Spread a thin layer of ghee on above and add 1 tspoon sugar on that .
- Fold it so that sugar will not come outside .
- Roll it just like makint other rotis.
- Put the frying pan on medium flame .
- Fry the above roti by adding oil on the pan very slowly till it turns brownish.
- The sweet roti is ready to eat
- Sweet Roti is ready to serve.
Millet Roti Bread Ingredients
MILLET FLOUR – ONE CUP
- WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR – 1/4 CUP
- GREEN CHILLIES – THINLY SHREADED
- ONIONS – THINLY SHREADED
- SALT TO TASTE
- GARLIC – PASTE / OR GARLIC THINLY SHREADED
- BUTTER – ONE SPOON
How to make Millet Roti Bread
- KNEAD INTO A STIFF DOUGH – MILLET FLOUR , WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR , SALT & WATER, .
ADD CHOPPED ONION , GREEN CHILLIES & GARLIC .
KEEP COVERED FOR 5 MINUTES
TAKE A SMALL BALL OF DOUGH – ABOUT 2 INCH DIA , KEEP IT IN CENTER OF PALM AND FLATTEN IT . PAT IT BETWEEN TO PALMS TO MAKE A FLAT – ROUND BREAD ABOUT 2CM THICK ( OR ROLL IT OUT USING A ROLLING PIN )
Millet Roti Bread is ready to serve.
Bajre ki Roti Ingredients
For the bajra rotis
For the stuffing
- 1 cup long beans (chawli), chopped
- 3 to 4 green chillies, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- 1 tsp oil
- salt to taste
How to make Bajre ki Roti
- For the bajra rotis
- Mix the bajra flour, wheat flour and salt and enough hot water to make a soft dough.
- Knead well. Divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion of the dough thinly into circles of 200 mm. (8″) diameter.
- Lightly cook the bajra rotis on a non-stick pan on both sides.
- For the stuffing
- Combine the chawli, green chillies, garlic and coriander in a blender or a food processor without using any water to make a coarse paste.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the asafoetida and salt and the ground chawli mixture and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes till the chawli is tender.
- Cool and divide the mixture into 2 portions.
- How to proceed
- Spread one portion of the filling on one cooked bajra roti. Then place another bajra roti on top and press the sides so that the filling is sealed between the two rotis.
- Cook the stuffed roti on a non-stick pan over a slow flame, till both sides are golden brown.
- Repeat for the remaining ingredients to make1 more roti.
- Serve hot with Carrot Garlic Chutney.
- Bajre ki Roti is ready to serve.
Aloo ki Roti Ingredients
1/2 lb. potatoes all purpose or Russet
- 1/2 cup flour all purpose
- 2 Medium green chilies minced – preferably serranos
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper crushed dried flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mango powder – amchur
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon coriander seeds crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oil or melted ghee
- Oilfor drizzling
- Flourfor dusting
How to make Aloo ki Roti
- Boil potatoes, peel and mash. Add flour, chilies, cilantro, pepper flakes, mango powder,cumin and coriander seeds and salt. Mix well with finger tips. Drizzle oil on top and continue to mix by hand. Dough will be soft and pliable. Divide into 6 portions, roll into balls and set aside covered.
- Lightly dust rolling surface with flour. Take a ball of dough and flatten into a 2″ round patty. Roll into 1/4″ thick circle, lifting and turning dough over to make sure it doesn’t stick. Dust lightly with additional flour if necessary. Repeat process with remaining dough. Set aside, without allowing edges to touch.
- Heat griddle on medium high heat for 2-3 minutes, until a drop of water flicked on it sizzles. Carefully transfer a roti to griddle and drizzle 1/4 teaspoon oil around edges, tilting griddle to allow oil to run under roti. Cook about 1 1/2 minutes, until brown spots appear. Turn over and repeat process with 1/4 teaspoon oil. Cook about 1 minute, until brown
spots appear. Remove to serving plate and keep warm. Cook remaining rotis in the same way.
- Serve with curry or a side dish.
- Aloo ki Roti is ready to serve.
Dal Roti Ingredients
Dal – cooked and mashed – 1 cup
- Wheat flour/ Atta – 2 cups
- Jeera powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp (optional)
- Methi powder – 1 tsp (optional)
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
How to make Dal Roti
- Knead the atta along with all the ingredients, cover and keep aside for 30 minutes
Heat the griddle and start rolling out small round portions of the dough with a rolling pin
If you wish to add oil, as you would while making parathas, feel free to do so
Make the rotis on the griddle, and again add 1/4 tsp oil, if you wish to
- Serve hot with Yam Masala or any other vegetable side dish.
- Dal Roti is ready to serve.