Recipes for Beef, Mutton & Lamb
Looking for authentic Beef and Mutton Recipes? EvernewRecipes has more than 5,000 trusted Beef and Mutton Recipes, all created, tested, reviewed and approved by home cooks. Find recipes for healthy quick and easy Beef and Mutton recipes including pakistani Beef and Mutton recipes.Sponsored Links:
oven roasted beef Ingredients:
3-4 pounds beef brisket
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tbs. sugar
- 1 tbs. onion powder
- 1 tbs. garlic powder
- 2 tbs. chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2-3 cups water
How to make oven roasted beef
- Preheat the oven at 325 ºF.
- In a bowl, combine mustard, sugar, onion powder, garlic powder and chili powder.
- Place the beef in a baking dish. Add the bowl mix, pepper and salt.
- Cook for 60 minutes.
- Add beef stock and water. (1/2 inch of liquid in the bakind dish)
- cook for 3 hours.
Time indications are approximates, constantly be sure the meat is fully cooked before serving.
Ready in: 3 1/2 hours
yield: 6-8 Servings
Black Pepper Beef Tenderloin Ingredients:
2 pounds beef tenderloin
- 10 black peppercorn (grounded)
- 2 tbs. tamari
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
How to make Black Pepper Beef Tenderloin
- Preheat the oven at 325 ºF.
- In a very bowl, combine peppercorn, oregano, paprika, garlic.
- Rub into tenderloin.
- Place in a roasting pan. Add tamari.
- Cook for 1-to-1 1/2 hour.
Black Pepper Beef Tenderloin is ready to serve.
Ready in: 2 1/2 hours
yield: 4-6 servings
Note: Time indications are approximates, make sure the meat is fully cooked before serving.
beef stroganoff Ingredients:
2 pound stew beef
- 4 cups hot cooked noodles
- 1 cup beef broth
- 8 oz. mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 cup sour cream (with 2 tbs. flour)
- 3 tbs. flour
- 2 tbs. butter
- 2 tbs. ketchup
- 1 tbs. salt
How to make beef stroganoff
- Put beef in flour and salt it.
- Melt butter in a large pan, add beef, add onions. Cook until brown.
- Add broth, ketchup, garlic and mushrooms within the crockpot.
- Add beef and onions in crockpot.
- cook for 8-9 hours.
- Add sour cream, cook on high for A half-hour or until ready.
Beef Stroganoff is ready to serve with noodles.
Ready in: 9 hours
yield: 6-8 servings
Taco Stew Ingredients
2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans ranch-style beans
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
How to make Taco Stew
- In the large pot over medium high heat, combine the ground beef and onion and saute for five to 10 mins, or until meat is browned and onion is tender; drain extra fat.
- Next, stir in the beans, corn, tomatoes and green chili peppers, tomatoes and taco seasoning.
- Mix well, reduce heat to medium and enable to heat through, about 15 minutes.
Taco Stew is ready to serve.
Italian Meatballs Ingredients
1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground veal
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup freshly grated Romano cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups stale Italian bread, crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
- 1 cup olive oil
How to make Italian Meatballs
- Combine beef, veal, and pork in a large bowl. Add garlic, eggs, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Blend bread crumbs into meat mixture. Slowly add the water 1/2 cup at a time. The mixture should be very moist but still hold its shape if rolled into meatballs. (I usually use about 1 1/4 cups of water). Shape into meatballs.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Fry meatballs in batches. When the meatball is very brown and slightly crisp remove from the heat and drain on a paper towel. (If your mixture is too wet, cover the meatballs while they are cooking so that they hold their shape better.)
Italian Meatballs is ready to serve.
Prep Time:10 Min
Cook Time:20 Min
Ready In:30 Min
Boilermaker Tailgate Chili Ingredients
2 pounds ground beef chuck
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 3 (15 ounce) cans chili beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans in spicy sauce
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 green chile peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits
- 4 cubes beef bouillon
- 1/2 cup beer
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (e.g. Tabasco™)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 (10.5 ounce) bag corn chips such as Fritos®
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
How to make Boilermaker Tailgate Chili
- Heat a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Crumble the ground chuck and sausage into the hot pan, and cook until evenly browned. Drain off excess grease.
- Pour in the chili beans, spicy chili beans, diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Add the onion, celery, green and red bell peppers, chile peppers, bacon bits, bouillon, and beer. Season with chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, oregano, cumin, hot pepper sauce, basil, salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika, and sugar. Stir to blend, then cover and simmer over low heat for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- After 2 hours, taste, and adjust salt, pepper, and chili powder if necessary. The longer the chili simmers, the better it will taste. Remove from heat and serve, or refrigerate, and serve the next day.
- To serve, ladle into bowls, and top with corn chips and shredded Cheddar cheese.
Boilermaker Tailgate Chili is ready to serve.
Prep Time:30 Min
Cook Time:2 Hrs
Ready In:2 Hrs 30 Min
Mutton Nihari Ingredients:
Mutton – 1 kg
- All purpose flour (Maida) – 2 tablespoons dissolved in 1/4 cup of water
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cinnamon stick – 1
- Bay leaves – 2
- Cardamom – 2
- Cloves – 8
- Garam masala – 2 tablespoons
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tablespoons
- Chilli powder- 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Yogurt – 3 tablespoons
- Ghee or cooking oil – 1/2 cup
- Nutmeg – Few pinches
- Make it as a powder
- Fennel seeds – 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
- Ingredients For Garnishing:
- 1 Onion fried to brown
- 2 Green chillies chopped
- 2 Ginger strips sliced
- 3 tablespoons coriander leaves chopped
How to make Mutton Nihari
- Clean the mutton and cut into medium pieces. Heat oil in a pan and add bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon stick and ginger garlic paste. Add the mutton and fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Now add red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, yogurt, garam masala and fry until the oil separates. Add the nutmeg, cardamom, spice masala and 3 cups of water and cook on low heat for 3 to 4 hours. Finally, add the flour and cook for about 10 minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves, ginger, onions and green chillies. You can serve mutton nihari with chappati, naan or rice. Mutton Nihari is a delicious pakistani dish served to please guests. Hope you find this mouth watering Mutton Nihari recipe useful and do not forget to post how it turned out in the comments section given below. Pakistani food recipes are absolutely amazing especially the dishes with mutton as the main ingredient.
- Mutton Nihari is ready to serve.
Nihari Gosht ingredients
1 kg (2.2 lb) Lamb with bones, cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp (30 g) 1 oz Ghee
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 2 Cinnamon (dalchini), 1 inch sticks
- 2 Bay leaves (tej patta)
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 3 Black cardamom (badi elaichi)
- 5 Cloves (laung)
- 2 tsp (3 g) Coriander (dhaniya) powder
- 1 tsp (2 g) Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp (1 g) Turmeric (haldi) powder
- 2 1/2 tsp (15 g) Garlic (lasan) paste
- 2 inch piece Ginger (adrak) paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup (200 g) 7 oz Yoghurt (dahi), beaten
- 1 tsp (3 g) Refined flour (maida)
- 2 tsp (6 g) Gram flour (besan)
- 1 tsp (2 g) Garam masala
- 1/2 tsp (1 g) Mace (javitri), powdered
- 1 tsp (2 g) Aniseed (saunf), powdered
- 5 Green cardamom (choti elaichi), powdered
- a few strands Saffron (kesar)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Lemon (nimbu) juice
- 4 tbsp (32 g) 1 oz Green coriander (hara dhaniya)
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Vetivier (kewda) essence (optional)
How to make Nihari Gosht
- Heat the ghee in a pan; add the sliced onion, cinnamon sticks, and bay leaves; saute on medium heat until golden brown. Add the lamb, chopped onion, black cardamom, and cloves; cook till the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garlic paste, ginger paste, and salt; saute until the oil separates.
- Add the yoghurt and bring the mixture to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Add 2 cups water and bring to the boil again, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the lamb is tender. Remove the lamb from the gravy and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a pan; add the refined flour and gram flour; saute on low heat, stirring constantly until light brown. Stir in the gravy. Strain the thick gravy through a soup strainer, reheat the gravy and bring to the boil.
- Add the lamb, garam masala, mace powder, aniseed powder, green cardamom powder, saffron, and lemon juice; mix well and cook on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Vetivier essence is added just before serving, but it is optional.
- Garnish with green coriander and serve with tandoori roti
- Nihari Gosht is ready to serve.
Nihari Lamb Ingredients
Ghee: ½ Cup
- Lamb leg shank half (Thigh with round bone): 2 Pounds cut about 1 to
- long pieces
- Onions: 2 cups, Chopped and then ground in a processor or blender
- Sea Salt: ¾ teaspoon or to taste
- Ground Cayenne pepper: 1 to 2 teaspoons adjust to your taste
- Garlic: 8 to 10 Large Cloves Peeled chopped or minced
- Ginger: 1″x1″ Peeled chopped or minced
- Turmeric powder: ½ teaspoon
- Bay leaves: 3
- Yogurt: ¼ Cup
- Maida: ½ teaspoon
- Water: 5 Cups See cooking method
Dry spice Nihari Mix
- Fennel Seeds: 2 Tablespoons Cracked
- Cumin seeds: ½ teaspoon Cracked
- Black Cumin seeds (Shahi Jeera): ½ teaspoon cracked
- Nigella (Kalonji): ½ teaspoon cracked
- Dry ginger powder: ½ teaspoon
- Black Cardamom seeds: 2 teaspoon cracked
- Black peppercorn: 1 teaspoon cracked
- Cinnamon stick 3″x¼” size: 1 broken cracked
- Cloves: 1 teaspoon cracked
- Nutmeg: ¼ of a small size grated
- Mace (Javitri): 3 leaves
- Degi Mirch: 2 teaspoons
- All purpose flour (Maida): 3 Tablespoons
- Water: ½ cup
- Ghee: 2 Tablespoons
- Onion: 4 slices thin
- Whole Cayenne pepper 4
- Fresh Cilantro: ¼ cup Chopped
- Scallions: 2 Chopped
- Serrano: 3 Cut in half vertically. Remove seeds and white membrane to reduce heat to taste. Chop
- Ginger: 1″x2″ Peeled cut into thin matchsticks
- Radish: 1 Cup cut in half. In India Mooli is cut as sticks
- Lime: 2 Cut into wedges
How to make Nihari Lamb
Prepare Dry Spice Mix
- The spices are NOT dry roasted. Spices are NOT ground to a powder. The spices are cracked using a mortar and pestle. You can use a food processor to crack spices in the ‘Pulse’ mode for 2 or 3 short cycles. Long cooking time requires the spices to be cracked or ground coarse to slowly infuse the aromas. Crack the spices and set aside.
Pre-cook (6 to 8 hours)
- Heat ghee in heavy bottom pan. Brown meat. Remove with slotted spoon and set aside
- Add onions, salt and cayenne pepper. Sauté about 5 minutes till moisture is gone and onions start to turn brown.
- Add garlic, ginger, Turmeric, bay leaves. Sauté about 90 seconds
- Turn off heat. Stir Maida in to yogurt and mix well. Add yogurt Maida mixture to sauté. Stir well till yogurt is blended. Turn the heat back on. This process is required to prevent yogurt from curdling.
- Add spice mix and stir well
- Add Lamb. Add water, the meat must be submerged in water, water must top meat by about ¾”. Bring it to a boil. Cover with a tightly fitting lid. Turn down heat to lowest simmer.
- Simmer meat at low temperature (185º F to 194º F) overnight for about 8 hours. At the end of overnight cooking, the meat must be extra tender. The marrow must have fallen out of the bones and dissolved in the broth, leaving a white hollow space in the bones.
Thicken Broth (20 minutes)
- Mix water and flour to make slurry. Make sure there are no lumps
- Add slurry to the dish being cooked. Stir well. Cook for 20 minutes
Bhagar (15 minutes)
- Heat ghee in a separate frying pan.
- Add onions till they are browned (caramelized)
- Add whole cayenne peppers. Fry about 30 second
- Transfer contents to the main cooking pot.
- Cook for 15 minutes. Turn off heat
- Stir in Cilantro
- Serve the rest of the garnish on-side
- Lamb Nihari is ready to serve.
Beef Roast Ingredients
1 kg beef rump
- 6 to 8 cloves (laung / lavang)
- 2 pcs of cinnamon (dalchini)
- 8 to 12 whole dry kashmiri red chillies
- 1/2 tbsp peppercorns
- 8 to 12 cloves of garlic (lehsun), crushed
- 4 to 6 tbsp oil and few curry leaves (kadi patta)
For marinating beef
- 1 1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic (adrak-lehsun) paste
- 2 to 3 tbsp lemon juice or vinegar
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- salt to taste
For Beef Roast Garnishing
- 3 big sized onions, finely cut in rings and fried till brown and crisp
- 4 to 6 big sized potatoes par boiled, peeled, cut in 4 lengthwise and fried to a golden brown & crisp
How to make Beef Roast
- Wash the chunk of meat nicely- drain
- Then prick nicely having a fork throughout marinate with all the ingredients given under marination for atleast 2-3 hrs or higher night inside fridge.
- Following day, make pressure pan add oil when hot add the full spices (cloves, cinnamon, dry chillies, pepper corns, garlic pod, curry leaves) & fry on med.
- Heat till the cloves, peppercorns pop up & the garlic is brown
- Now put the marinated meat chunk & fry turning all this to seal the juices, fry to some light brown on all sides.
- Add ½ cup of water with the marination juices cover the cooker, put the stopper & leave to cook after the first whistle lower flame to min. & leave to cook for 20 mins.
- When done put off gas & leave the cooker to cool upon it’s own.
- Open the lid & put back about the gas & continue cooking till every one of the soup continues to be absorbed through the meat
- Remove from heat & allow the meat cool off somewhat
- Cut into thin slices & keep. inside same pressure cooker pan add a somewhat more oil
- To the whole spices still inside cooker
- When hot fry the meat slices on med.
- Heat to a light brown (don’t fry it a lot of then it’s going to become hard) & remove. arrange the meat slices in the center of a platter, & decorate the perimeters with fried potato wedges & fried onions.
- Serve with tomato ketchup.
- In order to make a sauce to pour on the roast slices when you get rid of the chunk of meat for slicing
- Strain the soup – & keep aside.
- Discard the spices.
- Position the pressure cooker pan back onto the gas on medium heat
- Add 2-3 tbsp of butter when the butter has melted add 2 tbsps of maida flour & fry till the flour turns a golden brown now add the soup + ¼ – ½ cup of water & go on stirring
- Remove any lumps if any
- Continue stirring for 2 mins on low flame or till the sauce thickens
- Remove & serve over sliced roasted beef together with your fried potatoes, onions & ketchup.
- In the event the sauce becomes too thick add ¼ cup water & stir till the thickness is achieved.