For The Patties:
- 1lb/500g ground beef
- 1 half onion grated or finely chopped
- 4 pinches ground coriander
- 4 pinches paprika powder
- a little pepper, fresh ground is better
- a little salt
- 1 hand fresh bread crumbs
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 quarter beef stock block dissolved in a quarter cup water
For the Rolls:
- 4 rolls
- sliced tomato
- thinly sliced onion
- a few slices of gherkin
- Mix all the patty ingredients thoroughly, leaving the salt for after the patties are cooked if you prefer.
- Make sure the mixture is cool. Divide mixture into 4 equal balls and mold into patties.
- Cook on medium heat under the grill, on the barbecue or in a pan (how to regulate cooking temperature) untill the patty is cooked to your preferred degree of doneness or the internal temp reaches 160F/70C.
- Split the rolls and toast the cut surfaces lightly (under grill, on barbecue or in a pan) just before the patties are done. Spread mayonnaise on the bottom halves, add a thin slice of onion, some lettuce, a slice of tomato and a little sliced gherkin.
- Top it off with a little mayo and ketchup, the patty and the top half of the roll.