1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons chopped shallot, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 loaves (1 pound and 20 inches each) unsliced French bread
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 cups spring mix salad greens
How to make French Tarragon Burgers
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, 1 teaspoon shallot, tarragon and garlic; cover and refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, cut one loaf of bread into five 4-in. pieces. Cut one 4-in. piece from the second loaf; set aside remaining bread for another use. Cut bread pieces in half horizontally; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the salt, pepper and remaining shallot. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Grill bread, cut side down, for 1-2 minutes or until toasted. Spread with mayonnaise mixture. Layer bread bottoms with greens and burgers. Replace tops.
French Tarragon Burgers is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes