Spicy Squash Muffins Ingredients:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger root
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Pre-heat oven to 375 levels F (190 levels C). Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper inserts.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and sodium bicarbonate together inside a bowl.
- Place butternut squash inside a soup pot and canopy with water provide a boil. Reduce warmth to medium-low and simmer until tender, 15-20 minutes. Drain and transfer squash to some bowl mash having a potato masher until smooth. Add ginger root, lemon zest, and fresh lemon juice mix well.
- Mix cream, sugar, oats, and eggs together inside a large bowl. Whisk squash into cream mixture until light and creamy. Stir squash mixture into flour mixture until batter is simply combined fill muffin cups 3/4-full.
- Bake within the pre-heated oven until a toothpick placed in the heart of a muffin arrives clean, about twenty minutes. Allow muffins to awesome for five minutes within the muffin cups before moving to some serving plate.