Pineapple Sage-Scented Challah French Toast Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup 1% milk, divided
- 1/4 cup fresh pineapple sage leaves
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 splash vanilla extract
- 2 thick slices raisin challah bread
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, or as needed
- Stir 1/4 milk and sage leaves together inside a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for one minute awesome. Strain and discard leaves and reserve ‘scented’ milk.
- Whisk remaining milk, egg, brown sugar, and vanilla flavoring together inside a bowl. Add sage-perfumed milk to egg mixture and whisk.
- Soak challah bread slices within the egg mixture until saturated, a couple of minutes per side.
- Warmth vegetable oil inside a large skillet over medium-high warmth. Prepare drenched bread slices in herbal until golden and crispy, two to three minutes per side.