Chocolate Chip and Cranberry Scones Ingredients:
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 (12 ounce) bag semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup almond milk, or more as needed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 400 levels F (200 levels C).
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together inside a mixer add butter and process before the resulting mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Transfer mixture to some large mixing bowl.
- Stir choc chips and red grapes in to the flour mixture. Add vanilla flavoring 1 tablespoon at any given time, mixing it in to the flour mixture together with your hands or perhaps a spoon.
- Whisk almond milk and vanilla flavoring together in a tiny bowl and stir in to the mixture using the final inclusion of almond milk, massaging the resulting dough manually until it starts to get together, adding extra almond milk when needed to really make it moist enough to become workable.
- Turn the dough out onto a gently floured surface and knead briefly, for 5 or 6 turns. Roll the dough into 11 basketball-sized spheres and flatten so that they look like a pancake about 3/4-inch thick arrange onto a baking sheet.
- Bake within the pre-heated oven until golden brown, 12 to 14 minutes.