- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- butter or vegetable spray
- four slices day-old bread*
- Powdered sugar and syrup, optional
How to make Basic French Toast
- In a shallow bowl with a fork, mix eggs and milk. On medium, warmth frying pan on stove.
- Both melt a little butter or spray pan with vegetable spray. Dip bread into bowl with egg combination.
- Make sure both sides are wet. With fork, allow bread to drip more than bowl. Place slice of bread in pan.
- Carry on process with the other slices. Turn slices more than when bread somewhat brown.
- Cook final side. Remove cooked slices to a plate and maintain heat.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve warm with syrup.
Basic French Toast is ready to serve.
If I’ve got some leftover thick-crusty bread like French bread, I a lot favor utilizing it over normal sliced bread. Also, when i make much more French Toast than this, I choose to mix my milk and eggs inside a 4-cup measuring cup. Then, I only pour sufficient mixture in the shallow bowl to dip a few slices at a time.