1/2 pound bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 plain bagels
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Mozzarella
How to make Bagel and Cheese Bake
- Place the bacon and onion in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, and set aside.
- Slice each bagel into 4 thin slices.
- Arrange 6 bagel slices within the bottom of a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking dish. Cover with the bacon and onion mixture, followed by the Cheddar cheese. Top with remaining bagel slices.
- Inside a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, parsley, and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture within the bagel layers. Cover, and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Uncover the chilled bagel dish, and bake within the preheated oven 25 to Half an hour, or until eggs are firm.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Bagel and Cheese Bake is ready to serve hot.
Prep Time: 30 Min
Cook Time: 30 Min
yield: 12 servings