Stuffed Chapati Ingredients
- Chapathi – 4 or 5
- Mozarella cheese grated -1 – 1 1/2 tbsp for each Chapathi
- vegetable stuffing – 2 or 3 tbsp
For making vegetable stuffing:
- Onion – 1 small chopped into thin length wise
- Carrot – 1 peeled and chopped into 2 inch thin length wise
- capsicum – 1 chopped into thin length wise
- Cabbage – 1 cup chopped into thin length wise
- Pepper powder – few sprinkles
- Oil – 1 tbsp ( can also use olive oil)
How to make Stuffed Chapati
- Heat oil in a pan/kadai and add onions… fry till they are transparent…next add capsicum fry for 3 – 4 minutes and then add carrots …fry again for 2- 3 minutes…next add cabbage…fry well till all vegetables are soft but firm…add pepper powder and salt in the end( so it does not make the vegetables soggy)….can also add some sauces like soya or chilli …but make sure you don’t make it very soggy ..just few drops only..
- Prepare chapathis/or use left overs… take a chapathi spread some stuffing in the middle and top it with grated cheese… fold it into half… heat a tawa/griddle and place the stuffed chapathis on them… with a spatula press lightly so the heat can can melt the cheese and stick the ends together… turn side and repeat… does not take long … just 30 – 40 seconds.. You can eat just like that right away without any side dish. OR you can just stuff in the veggies and roll in the chapathis for your chapathi roll.