Layered Parathas Ingredients:
2 cups whole wheat flour
- Water to make dough
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup ghee (clarified butter)
How to make Layered Parathas
- Mix the flour and salt and knead into a soft dough with a little water at a time. Keep aside.
- Mix 3 tbsps of ghee with 1 tbsp of flour and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into equal-sized balls. Divide each ball into 2 portions.
- Take each portion and roll into a long, finger-thick noodle shape.
- Coil the first shape into a spiral.
- Flour a rolling surface lightly and very gently roll out the spiral into a flat circle about 5″ in diameter (1/3″ thick).
- Grease the top surface with the ghee-flour mix.
- Roll the next shape in the same way and place over the first circle. This makes one Lachcha Paratha. Make up all the remaining dough the same way.
- Heat a flat pan on a medium flame.
- Fry each paratha like this: After placing it on the pan the first time, turn after 30 seconds. Spread ghee on the top surface and turn again. Grease the side now on top. Turn often and fry till crisp and golden.
- The resulting paratha will be crisp, layered and flaky.
- Layered Parathas is ready to serve.