Garlic Naan Ingredients
- 3 cups (450g) plain flour
- 1 tsp dried yeast or baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) warm water
- 1/2 cup (125g) natural yoghurt
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 80g ghee
- 2 tsp nigella seeds
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
How to make Garlic Naan
- Combine the flour, yeast, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Whisk the water, yoghurt and egg together in a small jug. Add to the flour mixture and stir until mixture just comes together. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes or until mixture is smooth. Place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm, draught-free place for 30 minutes to rise.
- Use your fist to punch down the dough. Add half the ghee to the dough and knead for a further 5 minutes or until ghee is well incorporated into the dough.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place an oven tray or pizza stone into the oven to preheat.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining ghee in a small saucepan over low heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Remove from heat.
Preparation Time: 20 – 50 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes