- 1 large ripe banana, peeled and mashed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 250g milk chocolate, broken into pieces
- 100g spreadable cream cheese, to serve
How to make Chocolate Banana Coconut Bread
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease and flour a 19cm x 9cm x 6cm loaf pan. Mix together the mashed banana, vanilla, eggs and milk. Stir in the sugar. Sift the flour and baking powder over the wet ingredients. Add the coconut and gently fold through the mixture, using a large metal spoon.
- Fold in the chocolate, being careful not to over-mix. Spoon into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack to cool. Serve sliced with cream cheese.