Aloo ki Roti Ingredients
1/2 lb. potatoes all purpose or Russet
- 1/2 cup flour all purpose
- 2 Medium green chilies minced – preferably serranos
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper crushed dried flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mango powder – amchur
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon coriander seeds crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oil or melted ghee
- Oilfor drizzling
- Flourfor dusting
How to make Aloo ki Roti
- Boil potatoes, peel and mash. Add flour, chilies, cilantro, pepper flakes, mango powder,cumin and coriander seeds and salt. Mix well with finger tips. Drizzle oil on top and continue to mix by hand. Dough will be soft and pliable. Divide into 6 portions, roll into balls and set aside covered.
- Lightly dust rolling surface with flour. Take a ball of dough and flatten into a 2″ round patty. Roll into 1/4″ thick circle, lifting and turning dough over to make sure it doesn’t stick. Dust lightly with additional flour if necessary. Repeat process with remaining dough. Set aside, without allowing edges to touch.
- Heat griddle on medium high heat for 2-3 minutes, until a drop of water flicked on it sizzles. Carefully transfer a roti to griddle and drizzle 1/4 teaspoon oil around edges, tilting griddle to allow oil to run under roti. Cook about 1 1/2 minutes, until brown spots appear. Turn over and repeat process with 1/4 teaspoon oil. Cook about 1 minute, until brown
spots appear. Remove to serving plate and keep warm. Cook remaining rotis in the same way.
- Serve with curry or a side dish.
- Aloo ki Roti is ready to serve.