Akki Rotti Ingredients:
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1 1/2 – 2 tbsp hot oil or vanaspathi
- 1/2 cup boiled avarekalu mashed lightly or peas (optional)
- few pieces of coconut cut into tiny bits
- Salt to taste
- oil for frying
- 1 large onion
- 2-3 green chillies
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- few coriander leaves
- little dillweed (sabakki soppu) (optional)
How to make Akki Rotti
- Put all the ingredients into a mixing bowl, except oil for frying. Mix thoroughly, add water gradually to form a soft dough – dough should be just right – not too hard or too loose.
- Take large lemon size balls of dough, grease a piece of plastic sheet. Keep the ball in the centre and spread it with your fingers into a fairly large circle. Grease your fingers while doing it. You can spread the rotti on the tawa itself directly.
- Transfer the rotti onto a greased tawa, pour a little ghee or oil and cook on medium heat till lightly brown and crisp. Cook the other side also, using some more oil if necessary.
- Serve very hot with a pat of butter and some chutney or chutney powder.
Note: Wash and cool the tawa before you make a second one or use another tawa for this tawa should be cool and clean when you make the roti.