White Mutton gosht Recipe
White Mutton gosht Ingredients:
- 1 kilogram mutton, cut into 1 to 1½ inch pieces
- 1½ teaspoon ginger paste
- 1½ teaspoon garlic paste
- ½ teaspoon green chili paste
- 1 small onion, sliced
- milk of 1 large coconut or 50 g instant coconut powder
- 225 g potatoes, quartered
- 6 tablespoon oil or ghee
- 50 g cashew nuts or almonds, peeled
- 50 g almonds, peeled
- 50 g peanuts, peeled
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Salt to taste
How to make White Mutton gosht
- Finely grind the cashew nuts, almonds, peanuts and poppy seeds and keep aside. Heat 2 tablespoon oil/ghee in a saucepan, add mutton, ginger, garlic and green chili paste, salt and 1 cup of water. Mix well and simmer till mutton is almost tender. Remove from heat and keep aside.
- In a separate saucepan heat 4 tablespoon oil and fry the ground nuts on low heat. Sprinkle water and stir continuously to prevent burning, fry till masala changes color to a light pink (about 10 minutes).
- Add potatoes and continue frying for another 5 minutes. The curry will give off an aroma when it is cooked. Add mutton and coconut milk and let the mutton curry cook till the gravy is thick.
- Serve with white bread.
Tags gosht mutton