Shan Nihari Ingredients
1kg Beef/Mutton/Chicken, cut into 4-6 large pieces
- 11/2kg Knuckle/Marrow Bones
- 250g Ghee/Oil
- 100-150g Wheat Flour (ferina)
- 1 Onion, finely sliced
- 1/2tsp Garlic Paste
- Shan Nihari Curry Mix
How to make Shan Nihari
- In a large pot, heat 150g of ghee, add the garlic, stir and add the meat, bones and Shan Nihari Mix. Fry for a few minutes and add 10 glasses water.
- Cover and cook on a very low heat until the meat is tender. (For beef 6-8 hours, for mutton 4-6 hours).
- Mix the flour with 3 cups of water and add this gradually to the meat juices, stirring constantly to mix evenly. Remove the bones and cook on a high heat for 15 minutes.
- Heat the remaining ghee and cook the sliced onion until golden brown.
- Add the onions to the Nihari, cover and simmer for 30 minutes on a low heat.
- Shan Nihari Recipe is ready to serve.
- Serve garnished with finely chopped green chillies, ginger and lime juice, accompanied by hot naan breads.