Roast Mutton Leg Recipe
Roast Mutton leg Ingredients
- 1 leg of mutton
- Salt and pepper
How to make Roast Mutton Leg
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Wipe the mutton with a dump cloth, remove the outside skin and excess of fat, sprinkle it with salt, pepper and flour and place on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Allow fifteen or twenty minutes to a pound for roasting.
- When the meat is done, remove it from the pan.
- Also remove all except one tablespoon of the fat.
- In the maining fat, brown two tablespoons flour, 1 1/2 cups boiling water, and stir constantly until it thickens.
- Cook two minutes.
- Season to taste and strain.
- Serve as gravy.
Tags leg mutton roast