- Lean lamb, shoulder cuts 1 kg
- Cooking oil 30 ml/2 tbs
- Coriander powder 30 gm/2 tbs
- Garam masala 2.5 gm/ ½ tsp
- Ginger, grated 10 gm/2 tsp
- Lemon juice 30 ml/2 tbs
- Onions, chopped 240 gm/1 cup
- Red chilli powder 2.5 gm/ ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric 2.5 gm/ ½ tsp
- Yogurt 240 gm/ 1 cup
How to make Pake Gosht ke Kebab
- Beat to a creamy smoothness half the yogurt with coriander powder, ginger, chilli powder, lemon juice, oil and salt.
- Add onions and meat cut into 2 inch cubes.
- Leave to marinade for an hour. To the other half of the yogurt add turmeric and garam masala and whisk.
- Add the meat mixture and transfer to a pan.
- Put pan on stove and heat slowly till mixture begins to simmer.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 40 minutes till meat is almost done.
- Remove lid and let all moisture evaporate till only a thick sauce-like coating remains on the meat pieces.
- Skewer meat pieces and roast in a medium hot tandoor or grill lightly on a tray. Turning regularly till all sides are evenly browned.
Preparation Time: 1 ½ hour
Cooking Time: 1 hour
To Serves: Remove from skewers and serve hot with any Indian bread or rice.