Authentic Nehari Recipe
- Bong (Specific part of the calf) 1/2kg
- Onions 1/2 (cut into slices)
- Turmeric powder 1/2tsp
- Red chillies(half ground) To taste
- Ginger+Garlic paste 1Tbsp
- Garam masalah To taste
- salt To taste
- Green chillies To taste
- Ghee 1 cup
- Flour 3 Tbsp
- Jaifel Javitri (ground) 1 tsp
- Aniseed (Sonf) 1 Tbsp
- Water 2 cups
- Fresh coriander
How to make Nehari
- Add salt, green chillies, red chillies, termiric powder, coriander powder, onion, ginger and garlic paste, aniseed and water to beaf.
- Cook on medium heat till the beaf gets tender and water evaporates.
- Add ghee and stir well, cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add a reasonable amount of water to form gravy.
- In another bowl, take flour and add 4-5 Tbsps of water. Prepare a paste of it and add to the gravy.
- Cook for 5 minutes while keep stirring till the gravy gets a bit thicker.
- Add jaifer javitri powder, ginger slices and fresh coriander, cover and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Nihari is ready to serve with khameeri rotis.
Tags beef mutton nehari