- 1 Leg of lamb
- Vegetable oil for basting
- Chaat masala to taste
For The Marinade:
- 4 tbsp (100 g) 3 1/2 oz Brown onion paste
- 2 tsp (12 g) Garlic (lasan) paste
- 2 tsp (12 g) Ginger (adrak) paste
- 1/2 tsp (1 g) Green cardamom (choti elaichi) powder
- 4 tbsp (120 g) 4 oz Yoghurt (dahi)
- 2 tsp (4 g) Red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp (1 g) Garam masala
- 1 tsp (2 g) Black pepper (kali mirch) powder
- a pinch Saffron (kesar)
- Clean the leg of lamb and prick thoroughly down to the bone with a fork. Mix all the ingredients of the marinade together. Apply evenly on the lamb and leave to marinate for 2 hours.
- Place the leg in a Baking tray with 2 cups water. Bake in a preheated (180°C (350°F)) oven for at least 1 hour turning the leg twice / thrice to ensure that the leg cooks evenly. Roast till the liquid dries up.
- Baste with oil and grill / roast in a moderately hot tandoor till well done.
- Sprinkle chaat masala and garnish with onion rings. Serve with mint chutney.