Lahori Paaye Ingredients:
- Beef / Cow Legs – 2
- Onion – 1 big
- Ginger Garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Mint leaves – 5
- Coriander Leaves – for garnish
- Roasted zeera powder – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – 2 tsp
- Clove – Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp
- Green Chillies – 5 nos
- Tomatoes – 1 medium
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 3 tbsp
How to make Lahori Paaye:
- Wash the bones well and keep aside.
- Make a paste of Onions, and saute in a pressure cooker. When the paste turns pink, add the ginger garlic paste, chopped green chillies. Fry well.
- Then add the mint and coriander leaves, saute for 1 min. Then add the chopped tomato. Add salt. Simmer for 5 mins, so that it becomes soft.
- Add all the spice powders and mix well. Finally add the bone pieces and simmer for 5 mins. Add 1 – 2 cups of water and cover the cooker and put it on for 5 -6 whistle.
- Allow it to stay that way for atleast 6 hrs.
- Note: Chop the chillies if you don’t want it so hot, else slit the chillies. Adjust the pepper and chillies for the spice. I was told that red chilli powder and coriander powder will not be added to the paya. And this is normally made overnight and eaten the next day. If you want to eat the same day, then let it rest at least for 6 -7 hrs