Easy Quick Bolognese Sauce Ingredients
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 rib of celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
How to make Easy Quick Bolognese Sauce
- Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the vegetables; decrease heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes. Add the ground beef; increase heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring occasionally, until evenly brown, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the wine, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Stir in the broth and tomatoes; cook until flavors come together, about 40 minutes. Add salt if necessary. Skim off fat if desired.
- Easy Quick Bolognese Sauce recipe is ready to serve.