Alberta Beef Barley Stew Ingredients
6 cups hot water, separated
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 (1 oz) deal free of moisture onion soup blend
- 1 lb beef stew meat, lower into 1-in . cubes
- 3 large carrots, minimize and peeled into 1-in . cubes
- 1/2 big onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 mugs pearl barley
- Temperature 2 cups water to boiling hot inside a microwave oven-harmless container, about 2 minutes or so. Blend beef bouillon cubes and onion soup blend into boiling hot water right up until dissolved.
- Pour bouillon mixture and staying 4 servings water into a crock pot; established cooker on High.
- Blend celery, potatoes, beef, onion and green beans and garlic to the crock pot.
- Prepare, included, until finally potatoes are soft when pierced with a fork, 4 1/2 to 5 hrs.
- Mix barley into beef blend; proceed food preparation until barley is sore, about a half-hour.
- Turn slow cooker away, get rid of cover, and allow to awesome until finally slightly thickened, about 5 minutes or so.
Alberta Beef Barley Stew is ready to serve.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 5 hours and 5 minutes
Ready in: 5 hours 30 minutes
Yield: 8 servings