- Yogurt, thick 480 gm/2 cups
- Black pepper powder 2.5 gm/ ½ tsp
- Cardamom powder 2.5 gm/ ½ tsp
- Cinnamon powder a large pinch
- Cloves powder 5 gm/1 tsp
- Cooking oil 120 gm/ ½ cup
- Garlic paste 10 gm/2 tsp
- Milk 60 ml/ ¼ cup
- Onions, sliced fine 60 gm/ ¼ cup
- Red chilli powder 10 gm/2 tsp
- Roasted gram, powdered 120 gm/ ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- Hang yogurt in a muslin cloth for 2 hours till all the whey drains out. Add roasted gram, salt and half of all the spices (red chilli, clove, cardamom, cinnamon and black pepper powders) to the curd and mix well. Divide into 20 equal parts. Flatten to get a smooth, even shape. Heat oil in a pan and fry kebabs, a few at a time, to a light golden colour.
- Keep aside. In the same oil, fry onions till crisp and golden brown. Remove. Cool and grind the onions. Now add salt, garlic paste, ground onions and remaining half of all the spices to the oil. Stir-cook for a few minutes. Add kebabs. Turn gently till each piece is coated with the masala.
- Sprinkle milk on the kebabs. Let sizzle for 10 seconds.
Time: Preparation: 2 ½ hours, Cooking: 30 minutes
To Serve: Serve at once as part of the main course.