- 1 mug Fiber One® original bran cereal
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (regarding One 3/4 lb)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 mug milk
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 moderate zucchini, sliced (Two cups)
- 1 little unpeeled eggplant, cubed (Two cups)
- 1 container (Seven or 25 oz) roasted red bell peppers, drained, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/2 large red onion, sliced; separated in to rings
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 mug uncooked whole wheat couscous
- 1 lime, reduce into 6 wedges
How to make Sunny Mediterranean Chicken
- Place cereal within resealable food-storage plastic tote; close off bag and crush with rolling pin number or beef mallet (or even crush in mixer). Spread each side of chicken with 1/2 teaspon salt and also the pepper. In short dish, location milk. Within an additional shallow dish, location cereal; dip chicken into milk, then coat with cereal.
- In 12-inch quality skillet, heat Two tbsps from the oil more than medium warmth; cook chicken within oil 15 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear whenever thickest component is actually cut (170°F). Remove chicken through skillet; cover to maintain warm.
- In same skillet, heat leftover Two tablespoons oil over medium warmth; cook zucchini, eggplant, roasted peppers, onion as well as garlic clove within oil Three moments, stirring occasionally. Mix within 3 tablespoons water and the lime juice; prepare about One minute or even until vegetables tend to be crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, warmth 1 1/2 cups water as well as 1/4 teaspoon salt to cooking. Mix within couscous. Include; eliminate through heat and let stand 5 minutes or even till water is absorbed. Nonsense couscous with fork.
- On large serving plate, place couscous. Top with chicken and vegetables. Function along with lime wedges.
Sunny Mediterranean Chicken is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 6 servings