Pasanda Kabab Ingredients:
- A slab of lean meat 450 gm
- Butter for basting
- Black peppercorns 16
- Cardamoms 5
- Cloves 5
- Coconut, desiccated 30 gm/2 tbs
- Cumin (jeera) seeds 5 gm/1 tsp
- Garlic, chopped 10 cloves
- Ginger, chopped 15 gm/2” piece
- Kachri (tenderizer) 5gm/1 tsp
- Nutmeg (jaiphal) powder 1.25 gm/ ¼ tsp
- Onions, chopped 60 gm/ ¼ cup
- Poppy seeds (khus khus) 5 gm/1 tsp
- Raw papaya paste 7.5 gm/1 ½ tsp
- Red chilli powder 5 gm/1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Yogurt 180 gm/ 2/3 cup
How to make Pasanda Kabab Recipe
- Cut meat into slices 3 ½ inches long.
- 1 ¼ inches wide and three-fourths of an inch thick.
- Cut the slice into half without cutting through.
- Leaving a join at the end.
- Open the cut halves to make a single strip, approximately 6 inches long. Beat the joints with the back of a knife to flatten them a bit.
- In a mixer blend together cloves, cardamoms, papaya or kachri, garlic, onion, ginger, cumin, coconut, nutmeg, peppercorns, poppy seeds and yogurt.
- Add red chilli powder and salt.
- Coat the strips with this mixture and leave to marinade for 3 hours.
- Weave the skewer in and out of the meat strips at 4 points, at regular intervals.
- The meat will resemble a wavy line, with the skewer running through its centre.
- Roast over an open charcoal fire or barbeque for 10 minutes.
- When one side is cooked, baste with butter and roast again for 3-5 minutes.
Prep Time: 3 ½ hours, Cooking: 15 minutes
To Serve: Serve as a salad with sliced onions, green chillies and finely cut mint leaves.