Chicken Shami Kebab Ingredients:
- Minced meat 800 gm
- Bengal gram (kaala chana), split and husked 45 gm/3 tbs
- Black peppercorns 6
- Cardamoms 4
- Cinnamon 1” piece
- Coriander leaves, chopped 15 gm/1 tbs
- Coriander powder 10 gm/2 tsp
- Cream 15 gm/1 tbs
- Cumin (jeera) seeds 7.5 gm/ 1 ½ tsp
- Garlic cloves, chopped 6
- Ginger, chopped 15 gm/1 tbs
- Green chillies, chopped 4
- Mint, dry leaves powdered 2.5 gm/ ½ tsp
- Oil for frying
- Onions, chopped 160 gm/ 2/3 cup
- Poppy seeds, well pounded 20 gm/4 tsp
- Red chillies 5
- Salt to taste
How to make Chicken Shami Kebab
- Cook minced meat, gram, cumin seeds, cardamoms, garlic, ginger, cinnamon, red chillies, poppy seeds, peppercorns, coriander powder and half the onions in 500 ml/2 cups of water for 40 minutes or till meat is cooked and all liquid has evaporated.
- Remove fibers from meat if any.
- Grind in a mixer till a thick paste is obtained.
- Add the left over onions, coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chillies and cream. Mix thoroughly.
- Make small 2 inch cakes and cook on a griddle or frying pan with very little oil.
- When on side is browned (3 minutes) turn over and fry the other side.
Time: Preparation: 45 minutes, Cooking: 1 hour
To Serve: Garnish with onion rings and serve hot.