Twice Cooked Coconut Shrimp Ingredients
1 1/2 pounds large shrimp – peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup ice water
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup Dijon-style prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
How to make Twice Cooked Coconut Shrimp
- Peel, devein and wash shrimp. Dry well on paper towels.
- Mix together flour, cornstarch, salt and white pepper. Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and the ice water. Stir to blend.
- Pour the coconut into a shallow pan. Dip the shrimp one at a time into the batter, then roll the shrimp in the coconut. Once coated, place each shrimp into a frying pan of oil heated to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Fry the shrimp in the hot oil until lightly browned; about 4 minutes.
- Bake the fried shrimp in a preheated 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) oven for 5 minutes.
- Make the dipping sauce: combine marmalade, mustard, honey and hot sauce in a small bowl. Mix well. Serve the shrimp and dipping sauce side by side.
- Twice Cooked Coconut Shrimp is ready to serve.
Prep Time:30 Min
Cook Time:15 Min
Ready In:45 Min