Spicy Barbecue Peanuts Ingredients
1 1/4 cups unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 medium onion – finely chopped
- 2 eggs – beaten
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp fruit chutney
- 2 tbsp oil
Spicy Barbecue Sauce:
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
How to make Spicy Barbecue Peanuts
- Blend the peanuts and rice until finely chopped. Add onion, eggs, peanut butter, curry powder and chutney and blend again until well combined. Leave in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Flour your hands and shape the mixture into 8 patties.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the patties, cook for about 5 minutes until browned on both sides. Drain on kitchen paper and serve hot with the spicy sauce.
- For the Sauce: Blend the cornflour and water in a small pan, add all other ingredients and stir over high heat for about three minutes until mixture boils and thickens.
- Spicy Barbecue Peanuts Recipe is ready to serve.