Three large carrots, sliced (Two mugs)
- 2 medium stalks celery, sliced (1 cup)
- One large onion, chopped (1 mug)
- Two bone-in chicken breasts (regarding 1 1/4 lb), skin removed
- 5 cups water
- 3/4 mug uncooked medium pearl barley
- Two teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- One can (15 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
How to make Slow Cooker Chicken-Barley Stew
- In 4- in order to 5-quart slow cooker, location carrots, celery and onion. Location chicken breasts on veggies. Add remaining ingredients other than parsley and thyme.
- Cover; cook upon Reduced warmth environment Eight in order to Nine hours.
- Remove chicken through cooker; place on reducing panel. Eliminate beef from bones and cut in to 1/2- in order to 1-inch pieces; dispose of bone fragments.
- Stir chicken, parsley and thyme in to stew. Increase warmth environment in order to Higher. Cover; cook Ten to fifteen minutes longer or until chicken is actually thoroughly heated.
Slow Cooker Chicken-Barley Stew is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 8 hours 30 minutes
Servings: 6 servings (1 1/2 cups each)