Savory Mushroom Sauce Ingredients
3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
How to make Savory Mushroom Sauce
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and saute about 3 to 5 minutes until onions are translucent. Add mushrooms, basil, salt and pepper and saute an additional 5 to 10 minutes until mushrooms are soft and cooked to desired texture.
- Remove the pan from the heat and blend in flour. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly.
- Return the pan to the heat and cook over medium heat until the sauce thickens and comes to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for an additional 2 or 3 minutes.
- Savory Mushroom Sauce Recipe is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Cook Time:15 Min
Ready In:30 Min