Norwegian Flat Bread Ingredients
1 1/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, room temperature
How to make Norwegian Flat Bread
- In a large bowl combine the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, oil, baking soda, and salt. Add enough buttermilk to make a stiff dough.
- Knead dough for 30 seconds on a well-floured surface.
- Cover dough to prevent drying. Roll 1/4 cup handfuls of dough into balls and pat into a flat circle. Using a rolling pin, flatten dough into 10 inch circles. Place onto ungreased cookie sheet. Score pieces into pie shapes by running a knife along but not through dough. Repeat process with remaining dough.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F (175 degrees C) oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack briefly before breaking along scored lines.
- Norwegian Flat Bread is ready to serve.