Lamb Soup Ingredients
- medium onion, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, chopped
- dried red pepper flakes to taste.
- 3/4 pound lamb or goat shoulder, trimmed of as much fat as possible and cut into small (1/2-inch) cubes
- 2 fresh tomatoes, skinned, seeded
- and roughly chopped
- 1 can 12 oz. garbanzo
- 2 cups water or more if you like
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mint
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- few sprigs saffron
How to make Lamb Soup
- Heat the oil in a pot and fry the onions for a few seconds.
- Add the crushed garlic, chili flakes and lamb. Fry again for a few seconds. Add spices and sauté for few more moments.
- Add all ingredients except the yogurt. Simmer till the lamb is very well done and has absorbed all the flavors.
- before serving bring the heat to low add yogurt and serve hot.
Lamb Soup is ready to serve.
8 minutes to make