- 1/2 lb raw almonds
- 2 pints pitted dates
- 1/4 cup honey
- vegetable oil, for forming balls
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grind the almonds in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Move chopped almonds to a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 5 to 7 minutes, until fragrant and just a shade darker.
- Coarsely chop dates and add to food processor.
- Pulse until finely chopped and dates form a ball. Remove from processor to a bowl.
- Add half of the ground almonds to the dates, leaving the reserved almonds on the baking pan to roll the balls in once formed.
- Add the honey to the date and almond mixture.
- Mix together until evenly mixed and smooth.
- Coat your hands with some vegetable oil so mixture does not stick too much.
- Form mixture into 1-1/2″ balls.
- Roll each ball in ground almonds to coat well.
- Place in a sealed container until ready to eat.
- Any leftover chopped nuts for coating can be sprinkled over the balls to keep them from sticking together when moving.
- Will keep for up to 5 days at room temperature or up to a week in refrigerator.
- Honey Date Balls is ready to eat.