- 115gm cooked peeled prawns, finely chopped
- 55gm canned water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, white part only, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 16 won ton skins
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- coriander sprig,to garnish
- Thai dipping Sauce,to serve
- In a bowl, mix together prawns, water chestnuts, spring onions, fish sauce and black pepper.
- Place a small amount of prawn mixture in center of each won ton skin.
- Dampen edges of skins with a little water, then bring up over filling to form a ‘dolly bag’.
- Press edges together to seal.
- In a wok, heat oil to 190oC (375oF).
- Add bags in batches and fry for about 2-3 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer to absorbent kitchen paper to drain.
- Serve hot with dipping sauce.
- Garnish with coriander sprig.