Drumstick Leaf Curry Ingredients
4 cups drumstick leaves, choppeddrumstick leaf curry
- 1/4 cup urad dal (split black gram)
- 2 tbsp coconut, freshly grated
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds (rai)
- 4-6 red chillies, broken into a few pieces (adjust to taste)
- Turmeric powder, a pinch
How to make Drumstick Leaf Curry
- In a small pan, add 1 tsp oil and fry the urad dal until lightly browned and aromatic. Soak the dal in 1 cup of water for about 30 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Pull off the little oval drumstick leaves, chop and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wide skillet, and add the mustard seeds. As they start to pop, add the red chillies and fry until lightly browned. Add the turmeric powder and the drumstick leaves, along with the soaked urad dal and some salt.
- Sprinkle some water, and cover and cook on medium heat for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the leaves are tender.
- Add the freshly grated coconut, and cook uncovered for a couple of minutes.
- Serve the drumstick-leaf curry with plain rice.
Drumstick Leaf Curry is ready to serve.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes (+ 30 minute soaking time)