for Dal Samosa:
- 2 cups – all purpose flour (maida)
- 1 cup – vegetable oil
- 1 cup – moong daal
For Masala :
- 1 tbsp – red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp – garam masala
- 1 tbsp – coriander powder
- 1 tbsp – amchur
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Salt – to taste
How to make Dal Samosa:
For Filling Mixture :
- Grind the moong daal .
- Take masala moong daal or take plain moong daal and add red chilli, coriander powder, garam masala and amchur powder in it.
Rest of the process:
- Sieve all purpose flour, add salt.
- Add vegetable oil (so that you can make bowls) and mix it very well.
- Then add small quantity of water and make a smooth dough.
- Make small round rolls with dough.
- Roll it like chappati .
- Cut it into 2 equal halves along the diameter.
- Put small water along the diameter.
- Join and press together to make a cone.
- Place a tbsp of filling mixture in the cone and seal third side.
- Make five to six.
- Put in hot oil, deep fry on low to medium till light brown.
- Drain on rack or kitchen paper.
- Serve Dal samosa with green chutney or ketchup.