Dal Maash Dahi Baray Ingredients
2 cups dal Maash dhuli (white) or Moong (dhuli) presoaked for 4-5 hours
- Pinch of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pinch of asafetida (Heeng)
- 1 teaspoon. ginger (Adrak) paste
How to make Dal Maash or Moong ka Dahi Baray
- Grind the presoaks dal into a paste and add rest of the spices.
- Mix well and leave for 30 minutes.
- Then in a frying pan add 1 tbs. of oil and with the help of a spoon drop into the pan flat rounded patties and shallow
- fry till light brown.
- DO NOT TURN OVER TO FRY OTHER SIDE.
- Meanwhile heat oil for deep frying and then deep fry.
- When golden brown remove and cool.
- When serving, soak in a bowl of water and when a little soft squeeze out the water between palms and add to prepared yogurt.
- YOGURT: Beat the yogurt adding a little water to a paste.
- Add salt, red chili powder and 1/2 teaspoon zeera powder. 1 teaspoon corn flour and 1 teaspoon sugar
- Garnish with sweet Imli Chutney and Chat Masala.