Dal Kachori Recipe
Dal Kachori Ingredients:
- 3/4th cup skinless dried black beans (urad)
- 4 cups Flour (atta)
- 1 green chili chopped
- 1/2tsp Salt
- Oil for deep frying
- 1tbsp anise seeds (Saunf)
- 1tsp coriander seeds
- 1tsp white cumin seeds
- 1/2tsp red chili powder
- 1/4th tsp asafoetida powder
How to make dal Kachori:
- Soak the beans in water overnight then rinse and drain.
- Sift the flour and gradually add enough water to make soft dough.
- Cover the dough with damp cloth and leave for 30 minutes.
- Grind the drained beans with the chili powder, salt and spices to make stuffing.
- Mix well and divide it into 16 equal portions.
- Divide the dough into 16, using wet hands, and smear each portion with a little oil.
- Flatten and roll out into 2inch round.
- Wrap one portion of stuffing in each round and roll into a smooth ball, using greased hands.
- Flatten and roll into a 3-4 inch round.
- Heat plenty of oil in a deep frying pan or a kadhai.
- Now lift the rolled kachori and carefully slip it into the hot oil.
- Immediately start flickering hot oil over the top of it with a spatula so that it will swell up like a ball.
- This should take only a few seconds.
- Flip the kachori over and cook the other side until golden brown.
- Serve the dal kachori hot with chutney.
Tags dal Dal Kachori iftar kachori moong quick ramadan