3 cups pieces (1 “) peeled dark-orange sweet potatoes
- One 1/2 cups ready-to-eat baby-cut carrots
- One little onion, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 3/4 cup dried lentils, sorted, rinsed
- Two teaspoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- One teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- One teaspoon finely chopped gingerroot
- One clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 may (14 oz) vegetable broth
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans (through 1-lb tote), thawed
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
How to make Curried Sweet Potato and Lentil Stew
- In Three 1/2- in order to 4-quart slow cooker, mix sweet potatoes, carrots, onion as well as dried beans.
- In 8-inch frying pan, warmth oil more than moderate heat. Add curry powder, cumin, salt, pepper, gingerroot and garlic. Prepare 1 moment, mixing continuously. Mix within broth. Put combination into slow cooker; mix.
- Cover; prepare on Reduced heat setting Five to six hrs.
- Increase warmth environment to Higher. Mix in green beans. Cover; cook regarding 15 minutes or even till green beans are crisp-tender.
- Serve capped along with yogurt.
Curried Sweet Potato and Lentil Stew is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 5 hours 30 minutes
Servings: 6 servings