- 2 pounds of pitted organic dates,cut in small pieces
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3 cups organic coconut,shredded
- 1 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Some extra shredded coconut for coating
- In a medium sized saucepan, cook the dates, honey and oil over low heat until they’re blended together.
- Turn off the heat and add the shredded coconut and ground flax seeds. Let the mixture cool.
- Once cooled, stir in the vanilla extract.
- Place the extra coconut in a shallow bowl.
- Roll the date mixture into small balls (about 1 – 1/2 inches) then roll them in the shredded coconut.
- Coconut Date Balls is ready to serve.
- Eat warm or refrigerate.