Chocolate Raisin Biscotti Ingredients
3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 4 to 5 teaspoons fat-free milk
How to make Chocolate Raisin Biscotti
- In a small bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add eggs
and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking
soda and salt; beat into butter mixture. Stir in raisins (dough will be sticky).
- Divide dough in half. With lightly floured hands, shape each portion into a
12-in. x 2-in. rectangle; place each on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until set and tops begin to crack. Carefully
remove to wire racks; cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board; cut with a serrated knife into scant 3/4-in. slices.
- Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 5 minutes. Turn and
bake 5-7 minutes longer or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners’ sugar, remaining vanilla and
enough milk to achieve a drizzling consistency. Transfer to a small resealable
plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Drizzle over biscotti. Let stand until
set. Store in an airtight container.
Chocolate Raisin Biscotti is ready to serve.
Prep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling