- Oil 1 tbsp
- Large onion, very thinly sliced 1
- Butter, melted 25 gm
- Eggs 2
- Single cream 57 ml
- Nutmeg, ground 1/4 tsp
- Mature Cheddar cheese, grated 50 gm
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the shortcrust pastry:
- Flour 250 gm
- Butter 110 gm
- Water 2 cup
- For the pastry, rub the butter into the flour with the fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the water and knead into a dough (it should not be sticky).
- Wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick frying pan and cook the onion slices for 2-3 minutes or until softened.
- Roll out the pastry dough into a sheet.
- Cut into squares and use to line 4 patty tins.
- Brush with the melted butter.
- Lightly beat the eggs, cream and nutmeg together and season with the salt and pepper.
- Divide the onion slices between the pastry cases and top with the beaten egg mixture.
- Sprinkle the Cheddar cheese and bake at 190Â°C for 15-20 minutes.
Prep Time: 35-40 Mins
Cook Time: 25 Mins
Serves: As Desired