Cheddar Pecan Wafers Ingredients
1 pound butter, softened
- 1 pound sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
How to make Cheddar Pecan Wafers
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter, Cheddar cheese, pecans, cayenne pepper and salt until well blended. Gradually mix in flour, using your hands to work in the last bit. The result will be a stiff dough much like shortbread. Form the dough into logs about 1 inch thick, and 10 inches long. Wrap each log in waxed paper, and refrigerate until firm, at least 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Unwrap the chilled logs of dough, and slice into 1/4 inch thick rounds using a sharp knife. Place slices about 1 inch apart onto cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for exactly 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until firm and slightly browned at the edges. Allow wafers to cool for 1 minute before removing from the pan.
- Cheddar Pecan Wafers is ready to serve.
Prep Time:20 Min
Cook Time:12 Min
Ready In:32 Min