3 tablespoons margarine or butter, softened
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced, separated into rings
- One and a half tsp brown sugar
- Eight slices pumpernickel rye bread
- Two tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- Eight (1-oz.) slices Muenster cheese
How to make Caramelized Onion Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Melt One tbs of the margarine in 12-inch quality skillet more than medium-high heat. Add red onion; prepare and mix 3 to 5 moments or even till sensitive. Reduce heat to medium-low; mix in brown sugar. Prepare 20 to Twenty five moments or until red onion is actually golden and hard, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, spread 4 bread slices along with mustard. Best each with cheese piece.
- Spoon caramelized let’s eat some onions equally over cheese. Top along with leftover cheese slices and remaining bread slices. Spread covers associated with sandwiches with 1 tablespoon from the margarine.
- Heat exact same skillet more than medium-low warmth until warm. Place snacks, margarine side down, in skillet; distribute covers of sandwiches with leftover 1 tbs margarine. Prepare 4 to 8 minutes or till cheese is actually melted, turning as soon as.
Caramelized Onion Grilled Cheese Sandwiches is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes