3 cups puffed rice (available at stores)
- A handful of roasted and salted peanuts
- 2 potatoes boiled, peeled and chopped into tiny cubes
- 1 large onion chopped fine
- 1 large tomato chopped fine
- Half a bunch of coriander chopped fine
- 2 green chillies chopped fine
- Tamarind chutney to taste
- Mint-coriander chutney to taste
- A handful of coarsely crushed papdi (savoury biscuits made from flour)
- 1 cup sev (vermicelli-like snack made from gram flour and available at stores)
Howto make Bhelpuri:
- Mix the puffed rice, peanuts, potato, onion, tomato, coriander and green chillies together in a large bowl.
- Add the tamarind chutney and mint-coriander chutney according to your own taste preferences (that’s the beauty of bhelpuri!), mix well, garnish with plenty of sev and papdi.
- Serve and eat immediately.