- 1 Large potato
- 1 Small onion
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 1 clove Garlic, chopped
- 1/4 tsp Coriander seeds
- 1 tsp Curry powder
- 1/4 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp Ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup Chicken stock
- 1 pkg 2 9-rounds store bought, raw pie dough
- 1 Egg, beaten with splash of water
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 piece half Inch ginger
- 1 bunch Fresh mint, leaves removed from stems
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Juice of two limes
- 1 tbsp Water
How to make Baked Samosa:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook the potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain and reserve in same pot you cooked them in.
- In lg skillet over med high heat, add evoo.
- Add onion and cook until soft, 3-4 minutes, then add ginger, garlic, coriander seeds, curry powder, cumin, cloves, cinnamon, salt and pepper, cook about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll both doughs.
- Cut each dough round into 8 equal wedges.
- Spoon 1 tsp of the potato filling onto the middle of each wedge.
- Brush edges with egg wash and fold up, bringing three points to each other, then pinching at the seams to form a small pyramid.
- Brush outside of each samosa with the egg wash and trans to baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
For dipping sauce:
- Place garlic and ginger in processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add mint, cilantro, sugar, salt, lime juice, and puree until ground.
- Add water and evoo pulse to combine.